Summer holidays in Sesto
Right on our doorstep at the Unterlanerhof in Sesto
Unique, fascinating, the UNESCO World Heritage Site: whether on horseback, on foot or by mountain bike, no matter what your ideal holiday activities looks like.
Blooming mountain meadows and lofty peaks await all hikers whose hearts beat faster when they experience nature. You can fortify yourself in the many alpine huts with a good “marende” or perhaps a good South Tyrolean “Knödel” – we are sure you will find something to appeal to the foodie in you.
Over hill and dale – Sesto has cycle paths and mountain bike trails for every cycling enthusiast.
From “leisurely scrambling” for beginners to the difficult 8c sport climbing route for professionals, you will find everything your heart desires here. Especially the climbing routes around the Three Peaks promise unique Dolomite nature experiences.
And best of all: everything is directly accessible from our farm: right on our doorstep.
places of interest in the vicinty:
- Sesto Forest Chapel and Reflection Path: hike and experience culture and history at the same time. Built in 1917 after the Sesto church was damaged in the World War.
- Val Fiscalina: wildly romantic and highly alpine and above it the Sesto sundial – the largest natural sundial in the world.
- Braies Lake: the most beautiful lake in the Dolomites. A beautiful excursion destination for the whole family all year round (very Instagrammable – we promise).
- Sorapis Lake: is one of the most beautiful tours in the Dolomites. The lake is in fact very well known for its intense colours ranging from blue to aquamarine.
- Olperl Nature Park and Realm of the Gigante Baranci: adventure parks at the top station of the Helm cable car and the San Candido cable car with exciting adventure points.
- Prato Piazza: high plateau of the Braies Dolomites.
- Rudolf Stolz Museum: immerse yourself in the world of the famous South Tyrolean artist.
- Bellum Aquilarum: open-air museum on the history of the First World War incl. positions & trenches.
Winter holidays in Sesto
Fairytale like winter emotions in the Dolomites
Five mountains, over 110 km of prepared slopes and 2 certified ski instructors in the house! As soon as Sesto shows itself in a white fairy-tale splendour, the skiing area 3 Zinnen Dolomites is a true snow paradise.
We are passionate skiers and members of the Sesto Ski School. We will be happy to accompany you for your first turns in the snow, or help you improve your technique.
Don’t feel like skiing? Off the slopes there are activities for cross-country skiers, winter hikers, snowshoe hikers, ski tourers and tobogganers. Well-prepared cross-country trails and winter hiking paths guarantee a good day.
Snowshoe hike on your own, directly from our Unterlanerhof to the Waldkapelle, up to the Jägerhütte. From there you can enjoy a breathtaking view of the untouched winter landscape of the Dolomites.